Training module: Process management
An organization designs business processes and tries to control them to realise her mission, vision (dream), and strategic goals: the elements that give an organization the right to exist. This training module is the basis for a good understanding of the advantages and limitations of process oriented management techniques and improvement methods like the Deming-circle, systems engineering, Six Sigma, Lean Managmeent, Theory of Constraints, Total product Maintenance, Balanced Scorecard, and Quick Response Manufacturing.
By thinking in processes, we judge the material and information flows through the organization instead of focusing on organizational units (business units). Process thinking is a systemic method for thinking about issues and improvement possibilities within an organization and provides good insight in the cohesion between the various process steps and their reciprocal influence.
Performance indicators help to monitor and appraise the developments and the course of processes and if the organizational strategy is truly being realised, and whether adjustments need to be made. Several problem solving techniques are offered.
This training module provides you with handles for designing, monitoring, controlling, improving, and innovating processes, and discusses what makes organizations successful. We also study the High Performance Organizations and learn from them, to help us improve the performance of our own organization. Because implementing process management is a big change, we als consider the change management aspects of process management. This also shows the soft side (motivation, acceptance, resistance, organizational culture) in addition to the hard side (techniques, structures, tasks, responsibilities, and qualifications).
For managers, professionals, and consultants who are interested in/responsible for controlling processes and systems, especially when it comes to:
- System thinking as a frame of reference
- The business model as a conceptual model
- Value network: the applied business model
- The business organization perspective
- The social-psychological climate
For everyone who is involved in the execution of process oriented thinking and working, this module is an excellent foundation and an absolute must!
Learning the theory and practical application will help you to:
- form an opinion on how well an organization has implemented process management
- analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of process (in the process chain)
- make a well founded decision to choose one of five specific improvement methods in improving processes: Six Sigma, Lean Management, Theory of Constraints, Total Product Maintenance, and Quick Response Manufacturing
- apply the principles of Lean Management and Six Sigma in improving processes
- analyze processes and and process issues
- apply the theories of change management while managing business processes
- judge whether an organization is developing towards a High Performance Organization
- make an implementation proposal for improving processes within an organization
8 sessions (4 hours each)
€ 2.400,- per participant based on open submissal (courses start twice a year).
€ 9.600,- in-house session on location for a group maximum of 8 participants. Price excludes tax, travel, and possible location expenses (e.g. rent, lunch, other facilities).
The Comm’ant office in Amsterdam or to be decided.
- Open submissal: 13 February 2017 and 13 September 2017
- In-house: to be decided